Tuesday, August 31, 2010

MY VERY FIRST POST!

Okay, let me just say that I am exstatic about using this blog to keep everyone updated this year. Who knows, if its a big hit then maybe I'll continue after the year? Keep that in mind :)

Well, let me update you on where I am at the moment. I am beginning the packing process, 2 days before I leave. Pretty smart right? I feel like that's the only way I'll get everything packed and done if I am in a time crunch. Can I get an Amen? I am also not starting til now because I have been so blessed to be surrounded by an amazing community for this past month that I completely forgot I actually needed to pack up my life in order to survive/not smell/look halfway decent while living with my new community this next year.

Being caught up in the community here has been a blessing and an answered prayer. At the beginning of spring semester I began to pray that the Lord show me what community looks like and how to go about investing and building that community on a college campus. Boy oh boy did he answer that after I got back from camp this summer. My friendships from freshman year are beginning to go deeper along with friendships that began last year. All in all, the Lord heard my cry along with many other college students on the UofA campus for community. I am overwhelmed with the prayers the Lord is continuing to answer each and every day, and the fact that I am being able to witness these praises is a blessing in itself. The Lord is moving in a mighty way on this campus, and I have a feeling that its because we are actually allowing it to happen and believers on this campus are being compelled by the spirit instead of our selfish desires. Continue to be compelled by the Holy Spirit brothers and sisters. The Lord has a plan, let's follow it!

These last two days in Tuscaloosa are insane but such a blessing. I want to thank my brother for a great weekend of fun, sweat, food, and LeBron James t-shirts. (pictures to come soon) Thank you again to the amazing community of friends who have prayed for me, encouraged me, and loved on me. I don't deserve any of it, you guys are amazing and an example of love everyday.

Sorry that this one was all over the place! The address for pine cove is at the bottom of the blog, and I'm sure I'll post it everywhere else too. I love letters, so send em' fools :)

Cameron Spruell
c/o Pine Cove Forge
PO Box 9055
Tyler, TX 75711 

Packages:

Cameron Spruell
c/o Pine Cove Forge
15791 County Road 1113
Tyler, TX 75703

No comments:

Post a Comment