Sunday, September 26, 2010

insert creative title here

I sat at my computer for a solid 10 minutes pondering what would be a great title of this post, and I came up with nothing. I went through all the themese. I had sentemental, I had movie quotes, I had funny, I had inside jokes, and the list goes on. Clearly I couldn't decide on account of my many creative thoughts(HA!), so I just left it to your discresion what you would want the title to be!

I hope those of you reading this are doing well! I know this is a whole lot sooner than most of you expected due to my 3 weeks time period between my last two posts. I want to do a better job of posting whenever I can, so maybe this is a good start! This weekend I worked a retreat at the RANCH (WOO!) with Jarratt and Jonathan Fletcher(fellow forgie). It was a great weekend of being able to see how a retreat works and what it looks like. The work crew that was helping us this weekend were amazing. The minute they stepped out of the car they blew my mind with their joy and their excitement for coming(some them it was their 5th or 6th time to come!) Woah Nelly that's awesome! Jonathan led the work crew for the weekend and it was awesome to be able to see him serve in that way and see the Lord use his joy and his intentionality to bond with the work crew and others. He taught a lot about service and what it looks like and how Jesus is a great example of being servant. Amen to that! So Jonathan, if you are reading this, amazing job my friend! My job was helping Jarratt with the program and to host the youth group that was using the Ranch for their retreat. The group was fun and very rambunctious(hesitant on that spelling?). It was fun to be able to sit back and observe their youth group and their dynamics within the youth group. It was also really neat to be behind the scenes and there for all of the leaders if they needed us. It taught me a lot about taking intiative and seeking out ways that I can help to make things run a little smoother for them. I say that knowing that there certainly were probably more ways that I could have done that, but learning what that looks like and how I can work on that is an encouraging start.

Today I was reading through 1 Peter and 2 Peter for an assignment that we have due tomorrow(procrastination is a work in progress). As I was reading through I was blown away and encouraged by the depiction of Christ's return that Peter describes in 2 Peter. I wanted to share this with everyone as a motivation as well as a time for you to step back and look at where your motives are in your day to day life and what your sight is set upon. I know for me all of these questions came into my mind as I was reading it.

"The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare. Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you be? You ought to live holy and godly lives as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness." 2 Peter 3:9-13.

Amen.

Peace and Blessings. Peace and Blessings. (said like muh girl Glowzel!)

No comments:

Post a Comment